Monday, September 24, 2012

The Awesomeness of Google Calendar

Google Calendar is incredible. If I did not use it, I would never know where to be or what to do. My favorite thing about it is how it scales. It looks and acts the same on my computers, Nexus 7 tablet, and my Galaxy Nexus phone. You can import other Calendars that people have made and posted. You can see on my screenshot that I have Auburn's football schedule, some Auburn IEEE events, and Canvas, Auburn's class and grade management system. Whenever a professor posts an assignment, it automatically shows up in my calendar. Whenever an IEEE event is added, or a football game changes times, then they are synced instantly with my calendar. These other calendars are indicated with different color events. You can also set up reoccurring events. I set up Dive, the church I attend, to reoccur every Thursday at 20:00 until December.

You can also set up a task list, which is great for goal-oriented people like me. You can add tasks by pressing enter, or clicking on the next line, and just click on the checkbox when they're complete. This is the easiest checklist that I've found to use, because it is integrated into a product I already use everyday.

Using Google Calendar makes my life much easier, and it helpful to stay organized. Many of my friends don't have any sort of calendar, paper or electronic. I don't know how they do it. That's my quick review of Google Calendar, soon there will be write-ups of some of my other favorite websites and products, including Google Reader, Gmail, and Prey.

Here is one last screenshot, using calendar on my Nexus 7.


No comments:

Post a Comment