Sunday, March 10, 2013

Pokeball Pixel Art

I decided I wanted to do an art project. Pixel art is awesome, and I love Pokemon. Therefore, I created the original Pokeballs from Pokemon, in pixelated style! I used 11" x 14" canvas, and created a Pokeball, Great Ball, Ultra Ball, and Master Ball. They turned out great, and were very simple to make!

I started out by finding a picture of each in Google Images, and then making a Google Spreadsheet of each. The original files are in this folder, if you want to see my source. I then bought four canvases, and created a grid pattern on each one in light pencil. I colored in each "bit", or square, with the appropriate Sharpie color, and erased all pencil lines. I used pencil to shade in squares that needed a lighter grey. You can't too well in some of the pictures, but the line that makes the middle of the Master Ball was done with metallic silver Sharpie, so it looks different at all angles. This was a very simple project, and I am happy with the result. The canvas were about $12 total, and I spent about $15 on a bulk pack of Sharpies, so it was pretty affordable.

The pictures are left to right in order of how effective they were in the video games. The Pokeball had the lowest catch rate, while the Great Ball and Ultra Ball had an increased catch rate. The Master Ball, on the far right, caught any Pokemon, but you could only receive one per game.





No comments:

Post a Comment