Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Useful Chrome Extensions

Extensions can make your browser more productive, appealing, easier to use, or more distracting. There are thousands of extensions for Chrome, but I've compiled what I think are the most useful extensions. I have my extensions all allowed in incognito, which is another Chrome feature that I use often.

What my extensions page looks like.
  • Adblock-This is my most recommended anything for a browser--ever. This extensions blocks all ads on almost any website. No annoying pop-up ads on a website, no more Youtube video ads before watching your video, and no more ads on the side of my blog! This extension makes your life so much better. One tip is to right click the Adblock button to hide the button, that way it doesn't clutter up your browser interface. 
  • My Chrome Theme-This extensions lets you build your own theme for Chrome, and it is completely customized to your liking!
  • Reddit Enhancement Suite-This is great if you use Reddit, but if you don't, then this is useless. This extension lets you use keyboard shortcuts on Reddit, and makes your Reddit experience more customized. Using this extension, you can upvote and downvote quicker than ever!
  • Google Search by Image-I replaced Tineye with this extensions. Tineye and Google's Search by Image are reverse image searches. You right click on the image you'd like to search, then hit "Search Google with this image", and Google scours the web looking for more instances of that image. You can use this to find higher resolution versions of that image, or find out more info about that picture. You can also view images that Google considers similar to the original image, using their complicated algorithms. From my experience, this feature works surprisingly well.

This is my Chrome theme, with the Golden Gate Bridge as the background. 







No comments:

Post a Comment